With offices and businesses closing their doors and schools canceling classes until May, we understand that many of you parents out there may be working from home or staying home to watch your kids during this time. COVID-19 has not stopped spreading since first news of the virus in the US was first discovered, and California has remained one of the top states in terms of virus cases reported.
Being couped up all day in a house with kids can be difficult, especially when trying to get work done if you are working from home. Of course, we should all understand how important these closures are to preventing the further spread of COVID-19 and why social distancing is essential. This is why we want to share a few ideas for keeping your kids busy while dealing with the shelter in place order.
Here are some ideas on how you can keep your kids busy during this time:
- Keep the same routine in place as if your child is in school. Wake them up at the same time, eat breakfast, and have them do productive things such as online assignments during the day.
- Check to see if your child's school is offering courses or assignments online. Many teachers are offering this by emailing assignments or activities for students to participate in.
- Consider signing up for an online learning program, such as ABC mouse to keep your child engaged in learning.
- Order books for your child to read throughout the day.
- Get them active in the back yard or take them for a walk in a nearby park for some fresh air.
- Bring out the puzzles and board games for them to play with.
- Put on a new movie for them to watch (Frozen II is out on Disney+!)
- Give them a cleaning project or chore to work on each day.
Those are just some ways in which you can keep your child busy while schools are closed. If you do find yourself needing car care during this time, please know that TOS Auto Repair remains open for business and is taking the following measures to protect your safety and health:
- White glove complimentary pick up & delivery (call for details)
- Sanitizing vehicles before and after service
- Offering over the phone payments
- No contact service available
- Up to 1 year 0% interest financing (call for details)
We are taking extra precautions during this time and are taking extra steps disinfecting common areas and common touch points at the shop such as the doors, counters, etc and wiping down your vehicle after service. Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you need a service or repair performed on your vehicle!