If you are interested in buying a vehicle “as is,” there are important steps to take in order to protect yourself. At TOS Auto Repair, we never want to see our clients being taken advantage, which is why we hope you arm yourself with these tips the next time you decide to purchase a used vehicle “as is.”
- As is means exactly that. Unless it is explicitly in writing, the vehicle does not come with any warranties or extra protection.
- Figure out exactly what you are looking for. This way, you can narrow down your options and hone on in what you need for your budget, family, and lifestyle.
- Carefully examine the interior of the vehicle for any wear or tear. A sloppy or worn interior usually is a sign of an owner who doesn’t stay on top of preventative maintenance, which can lead to expensive and dangerous issues later on.
- Drive the car! Make sure the vehicle drives smoothly, without any jerky movements or unusual movements. Turn on the radio and roll down the windows too.
- Nothing can compare to having the car checked out by a qualified technician. Our team can thoroughly inspect your vehicle for any signs of impending problems that could potentially jeopardize the safety and longevity. The team at TOS Auto Repair would be happy to help.
If you are interested in purchasing a car “as is,” the most important step of all is to bring your vehicle to the team at TOS Auto Repair for an inspection. We don’t want you suddenly strapped with a lemon. Schedule an appointment today. TOS Auto Repair is located at 5916 Auburn Blvd., Citrus Heights, CA 95621. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM through 5:30 PM. We look forward to seeing you soon!