Believe it or not, Fall is right around the corner. Are you ready to toss out the bathing suits and shorts for hoodies and boots? Maybe not so much for those in the Golden State. But even with the seasonal changes in the Sacramento and Citrus Heights area, your car should be taken care of.
Seasonal changes can affect your automobile in various ways, which is why you should prepare for its transition from spring to fall. To ensure your trips to school, work, football games, and other fall festivities are safe and successful, here are some key maintenance tips you should follow this fall.
- Check car fluids - Car fluids make up a good chunk of your vehicle’s maintenance routine. It is important for you to understand what the underhood fluids do, their levels, and how they contribute to your vehicle’s performance. These include engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and more. To ensure these fluids are clean, please remember to flush them when your automaker recommends them.
- Inspect the tires - Tires have a huge role in brake performance, handling, and the overall safety of your vehicle. First, you’ll want to check tread depth to ensure they’re even and deep enough to grip the roads. Second, you’ll want to measure your tire pressure. As it cools down, the air in your tires can contract. Fill up your tires if necessary so that they meet the manufacturer’s PSI range.
- Test all lights - While daylight savings may not be a thing anymore, you still need your headlights to drive safely at night and in wet conditions. Take a brief moment next time before you hop in your car to check your vehicle’s exterior lighting, including the headlights, signal lights, brake lights, etc.
- Assess brakes - Brake performance is key to your safety, no matter the season. When examining your brakes, look for any squeals or grinding sounds. Furthermore, pay attention to your brake responsiveness. If anything feels or sounds off, bring your car to TOS Auto Repair for a comprehensive brake check. Our team will replace any brake parts if necessary.
- Run the heater - Temperatures might not drop off dramatically in California, but there’s do doubt that fall mornings can be chilly. We recommend running the heater once or twice to see if you get any warm air at all.
Fall is a wonderful time to spend with your loved ones. We want to keep you and your family safe this season, so feel free to stop by TOS Auto Repair for some much-needed fall auto maintenance.